What are peripheral blood stem cells
The peripheral blood stem cell (PBSC) separation technique is used to that the process is similar to blood donation. Before collection, it is necessary to inject granulocyte colony stimulating factor (GCSF), for several consecutive days. After injection of G-CSF, hematopoietic stem cells (HSC) in the bone marrow can be driven into the peripheral blood. At this time, a large amount of HSC can be obtained through the technology of blood separation. The HSC collection also have no anesthesia-related risk considerations, and the recovery time is short, and quickly return to normal life.
Leopard Cells has accumulated more than ten years of adult stem cell research and development experience, and advocates that the storage of stem cells should be prioritized for “self-preservation and self-use”, just like the concept of a healthy passbook. Therefore, everyone is suitable for saving, and the timing of extraction and use can be properly planned. PBSC can not only be used to treat blood, immunity, cancer and other related diseases, but also can be used in functional medicine and anti-aging medicine. Many of their advantages have gradually replaced bone marrow transplantation.
The comparison of peripheral blood stem cells and marrow
Peripheral blood is one of the sources of HSC transplantation. In addition to self-renewal and differentiation into blood and immune cells, hematopoietic stem cells can now be used to treat blood and immune system diseases, such as leukemia, lymphoma, anemia, and mucopolysaccharidosis. It can also be used as a cancer treatment option. The hematopoietic and immune systems destroyed by cancer patients during chemical or radiotherapy can also be restored by PBSC. Store PBSC when you are young and have one more medical option when you are in urgent need, will be important risk management. PBSC transplantation has gradually replaced bone marrow transplantation because of its many advantages:
- It is easy to obtain and suitable for the general public.
- High safety, no risk related to anesthesia
- It can be stored and used by itself without rejection.
- Compared with bone marrow extraction, peripheral blood storage can remove the danger and inconvenience caused by anesthesia, and there will be no harm or pain during the collection process.
- Instant, available immediately after thawing cell.
- After the collection, the recovery time is shorter, and the return to normal life is quicker.